Who we are

Thursday, July 26, 2012

I AM THANKFUL FOR.......

Wow, it's been a while. A lot of things have happened but one thing has been constant: God is still God and I am happy. This month has been a test of my faith and everything that comes with it. I had a slight episode at work and people thought I was just being my silly self. I need to learn to take care of myself first in order to be able to take care of others. I have a habit of not knowing when to say 'no'. I am an overachiever in every sense of the word. This morning a loud noise woke me up and before I knew it I was running down the stairs to take care of a neighbor whose car had flown over the embankment and ran into another apartment. The things that have to happen to make people call on God is just sad. She was worried about how much things were going to cost.
  • I am thankful that no one was hurt. 
  • I am thankful for the way this week ended
  • I am thankful that I still have a job to go to 
  • I am thankful that I have so many people watching to make sure that I am alright
  • I am thankful for still being in love with my husband
  • I am thankful that I can still laugh in the midst of all the insanity
My favorite song is THE PRAYER and I have a collection of several artists singing it. It's even amazing when you stop and listen to the words. It's about our everyday goings and comings and how we should simply just ask God to direct us. There is no need for a formatted prayer, just talk to Him as if He were sitting right next to you on a park bench.

 Lyrics to The Prayer :
I pray you'll be our eyes,

and watch us where we go
And help us to be wise,
in times when we don't know
Let this be our prayer,
when we lose our way
Lead us to the place,
guide us with your grace
To a place where we'll be safe.
La luce che tu dai
I pray we'll find your light
Nel cuore resterà
And hold it in our hearts
A ricordarci che
When stars go out each night
L'eterna stella sei
Nella mia preghiera
Let this be our prayer
Quanta fede c'è
When shadows fill our day
Lead us to a place
Guide us with your grace

Give us faith so we'll be safe 
 Sognamo un mondo senza più violenza
Un mondo di giustizia e di speranza
Ognuno dia la mano al suo vicino
Simbolo di pace e di fraternità

La forza che ci dia

We ask that life be kind
È il desiderio che
And watch us from above
Ognuno trovi amor
We hope each soul will find
Intorno e dentro a sè
Another soul to love
Let this be our prayer
Let this be our prayer
Just like every child
Just like every child

Need to find a place,

guide us with your grace
Give us faith so we'll be safe
E la fede che
Hai acceso in noi
Sento che ci salverà

No comments:

Post a Comment