Who we are

Sunday, December 25, 2011

THAT'S WHAT CHRISTMAS MEANS TO ME!!!!!!!!!

This is my first Christmas with my husband and even though he had to work today, we've had a wonderful time enjoying it this whole week. We decided to start shopping early to beat the rush. We also decided to institute a mandate of giving presents to certain people and this year kids and adults over 50 won the choice. Another thing we did was to ask people to give us a list of things they would like for Christmas that way no one gets another pair of socks or something they won't use. It was nice to see the looks on people's faces (at least the ones who got something from us) as they opened their presents. My favorite part of this year was, as always, the family get together and dinner. It was great so see everyone with their other halves. There's nothing like family no matter how much you disagree with the other person. This year has been one full of surprises, some good and some bad, but it's what we've all made of it. I learned that I cannot do it all by myself even if it looks like I can. As much as I try to be independent, I need my support structure. Next year will hold its share of surprises but I know that God will not bring us this far and let us fall. I cannot wait to get started. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment